Sunday, May 2, 2010

Almost Summer

Ok, there are officially 5 (or is it 4? I can't remember...) weeks left of school. Which also means i have 4 or 5 weeks left of me being in middle school. Which means in just 4 or 5 weeks, I will transform from a middle schooler to a *high schooler* - a crucial transformation, in my book. Being in 8th grade means being a dorky little kid, but then when you become a 9th grader, you are suddenly cool and sophisticated and worldly. Ooh. But before I'm off to high school, there's summer. Ah, summer. A time for relaxation, friends, reinvention. Reinvention? Yes, reinvention. Shopping for a new wardrobe, cutting your hair short, maybe even finding a summer romance. On the subject of summer flings though, they're pretty stupid. A few summers ago, I spent time at a rental house in the mountains. There was this guy who lived next door, his name was Coleman. He was 2 years older than me, and he annoyed the heck out of me. I hated his guts! He would stand under my window and call up to me, "Are you there? Come down, let's hang out!" I would either ignore him, or tell him to go away. On our last day in North Carolina, my friends and I played baseball in the yard with him, and I realized how much i actually liked him. By now, it was too late, because we were leaving the next day. We went home, getting farther and farther away from Coleman with everyone mile we drove. I cried. How pathetic of me. The moral of the story is, try to steer clear of summer love, because in the end, you'll just get a broken heart. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment