Monday, May 3, 2010

How Could This Happen?

I am freaking out.

So here I am in the midst of so much goodness : my friend and I are planning a very awesome get-together for our friends before the formal, I'm making good progress on the novel I'm trying to write (more on that later), etc. But then, I decide to check my grades.
Look, I've always been a good student. I've never gotten any grade lower than a B, ever, and I've managed to keep straight A's all year. So imagine my surprise when I look and see that in math I have (it pains me to type this) a D and in English (cringe!), a D. Yes. English is my best subject. I read and write like a madwoman. WHY ON EARTH DO I HAVE A D?! And math... I've haven't been doing so hot ever since we started algebra. It doesn't make sense. I take notes in class, I understand the homework, and i FEEL like I'm doing quite well. Then, out of the blue, I get my test handed back and the grade sucks. I don't want to tell my parents because they'll freak. My mom will try to find a solution, like getting me a tutor or whatever. Been there, done that. My dad will lecture me and make me feel like the lowly scum of the world. This isn't me. I don't fail. I don't fail anything academic. I can't believe this is happening... I need to bring my grades up, ASAP. It shouldn't be hard. That's what I keep telling myself, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment